Tech Jives Network
October 23, 2014, 02:55:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the TechJives forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1361 times)
Geekyfanboy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 25, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »

Say Hi to the group.. give us a little info about yourself.
Geekyfanboy
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:50:53 PM »

I'll start.. my name is Kenny aka Geekyfanboy and I live in the Los Angeles area.. I work in TV as a post production supervisor but my real passion is podcasting. I am currently producing, editing and hosting 2 podcasts; Knights of the Guild and MASH 4077 Podcast and have several other podcasts in the works including Epic Geek Out.

I don't play WOW because where I live (out in the boonies) there is no fast internet. Also I know if I start I would never stop and I barely have any free time as it is already.

I enjoy I Hearth Geeks because of the hosts. Though I've never played WOW I have worked on The Guild since season 2 and have picked up alot of the lingo so I understand what the guys are chatting about most of the time.
Aradinsc
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:05:36 PM »

I shall follow the lead of the excellent Kenny.  My name is Steven Cain and I live in Ontario, Canada. 

I have been playing WoW since its release and most of that time with the same guild which is the main reason I have stayed with the game so long as I've known a number of the people there for 4 - 5 years now.  I originally got recruited to Robot House by Chris Pope after listening to some of his other podcasts and since I've been a huge fan of WoW I figured I'd better check this one out as well.  I do have to agree with Kenny though, the hosts are definitely the heart of the podcast and their banter and chemistry are incredible.

I currently have two characters in Robot House, Aradinsc and Thronas so feel free to say hi if you see me on.

Oh and if anyone hasn't heard any of Kennys Podcasts do yourself a favor and check out Knights of the Guild it is an absolutely amazing podcast!
MasterCharles

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »

I suppose I will not be a lurker and intro myself as well!  I am Charles Piner and I hail from Wilmington, North Carolina.

You can find me playing in game with Robot House as a somewhat elusive rogue named Veijari, and I also play several toons on the Argent Dawn server as well.  I've been playing WOW for about 4 years, with rogues being my main characters since the beginning.  I heard of Robot House from listening to the podcast and decided to join up for a bit of fun on the Horde side while my main guild takes a long break from raiding. 

As for the me me, I work a standard 9-5 delivery job, work on the side honing my photography and writing skills, and am currently working into getting back into the convention scene after spending 5 years being a caretaker for my father.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Oh yeah, I often get asked about the screen name Smiley.  I'm a fan of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, took the name from Master Shake, and even had the pleasure of meeting Dana Snyder and having him sign something for me with my screen name.  It's now nicely framed up in my office.
Vondas

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »

I suppose I'll follow suit as well Smiley

I'm Jarrett and I currently reside in Rochester, NY working as a software engineer for Xerox here in Rochester.  I say currently reside because with Xerox having the nasty habit of laying off about 2500 people per year for the last 5 or 6 years, who knows how long I'll be sticking around heh.  Other than that, I spend my off time playing in golf leagues, bowling leagues and even a kickball league (yes...kickball like in grade school Wink).

In game, I'm Vondas the goblin shaman.  Previously, my time was spent Horde side of the Cairne server as a part of the Initech guild for 2 years before it broke apart for the usual reasons.  I've been floating around since and also play Alliance side on Lothar with some friends that I've been guilded with for 5+ years.  I miss being Horde, hence rolling up here and hooking up with you fine folks.  I saw the recruitment post first on WoW Insider and you sounded like a fine bunch, figured I'd check it out.  I listened to the most recent podcast and was impressed.  I'll be catching up on older episodes in the coming days.  I'm a notorious altaholic, having an 80+ of every class except hunter on the horde, I probably bring one or two of them over eventually ;-)  Look forward to getting to know you all!
tufyuma

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 01:18:22 PM »

Alright I'll go next!
I'm Jim Gover (Jim Jr. to most) I own a Harley-Davidson Dealership in Piqua Ohio ( www.goverhd.com )  with my family see here for that history ( http://www.goverhd.com/aboutus.asp ).  You can also find a picture of me if you look around the site a bit!!

A little about myself: Back when Country Line Dancing was BIG I taught line dances and couples dances and DeeJayed while going to school full time (mostly  Grin )  Because of that I got into the Wright State Radio station WWSU and a friend of my Dads got me an internship at 700 WLW in Cincinnati, Ohio.  I spent 6 months working there, then I got a job at a local Oldies station as an on air DeeJay.  I did overnights on the FM station and mornings on the AM station (not as glamorous  as it sounds).  I was still deejaying weddings and teaching  dance lessons, too.

I did that for about a year and a half, then I had the opportunity to do something I had always wanted to do, sell cars like my dad had done when I was a kid, and I got to work for the guy that bought the dealership from Dad, and Dad had hired him as a wash boy when he was still in high school!  

I did that for almost two years, then we found out a local Harley-Davidson dealership was for sale, and I talked to dad and we decided to go in together to try to buy it.  Nine months later we purchased it!

So about WoW, I started playing on a ďnon-retailĒ server (shhh donít tell anyone) when BC came out and with all the problems they have I made the switch to retail, and I am glad I did, a friend  of mine got me on Trollbane but he switched servers at the end of 2010, so I didnít want to pay to switch my toon, so I found the podcast and started over.  I became an Officer recently, so if you need anything just ask, and Iíll see what I can do.   My main toon is Tufyuma, and my latest alt is Jaapa.

edit: figure i should put my age: 41yrs
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:20:00 PM by tufyuma » Logged

Jim Gover Jr.
Tufyuma
Mo_mer

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »

Guess I'm next.   I'm Brenda, I live in East Lansing Michigan.  I'm a SQL DBA.

I don't play WOW, but have several friends who do.   Sounds like if I started I would never stop.   Played a lot of DnD though, so the overall concepts are understood.    Love the Guild!!!!

Used to play video games quite a bit, but haven't had much time in the last several years.   Did play Dragon Age while the family was off on spring break, 4-6 hours a night were the norm that week.   

Other interests - Star Trek, Star Wars,  Dune, Highlander, Harry Potter, Tolkien, Buffy, Angel, FireFly, Dr. Horrible....I'm sure I've missed a few.

I have a harley.

Started reading GoT after hearing about it on the GeeksOn podcast.  Sped though all four books and have #5 ordered.  Have read them all several times and has listened to them all on audio several times too.   Thoroughly enjoying the series.    Can't believe we ae aleady on #8. 

Tecumseth

eetwell@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »

Right, I suppose I'll have a go then.  My name's Simon Etwell, I live in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.  I've been playing WoW off and on since around launch.  I'm a minor altaholic, although with the exception of my main rogue on Gul'dan, and my Druid on Sentinals none of them are above level 35.  I've been a Blizzard fan, since before they were Blizzard, first game of their's I plaed was Lost Vikings and it was awesome.  I'm a big fan of pretty much all things nerdy, especially sci-fi stuff.

I started listening to this show 'cause I like The Guild, and I continue to listen because, like people have said before me, the hosts are awesome.  They are seem like seriously cool people. 

Anyways, I'll see y'all later, stay classy.

Stay classy, Planet Earth
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: