Tech Jives Network
November 27, 2014, 01:05:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the TechJives forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Win an autographed photo of Kristian Nairn(HODOR!!)  (Read 2735 times)
ChrisPope
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:33:53 PM »

Want to win an autograph photo of Krisian Nairn?

Simply reply to this post why you like Hodor. Kate and I will be picking a few winners based on the replys!

ben_b55
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:41:57 AM »

Many may think of Hodor as a very simplistic character, but I feel that he is just as important as my other favorite characters, Arya and Tyrion, despite his vocabulary being far far less than either of them (especially considering they have two of the biggest mouths just about of anyone in Game of Thrones). he is a gentle giant who loves nothing more than dancing and taking languid baths in the hot springs. Hodor truly appreciates the simple things in life and only needs one word to express all his emotions. I'll end this by summing it up with one word:

HODOR!
ChrisPope
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 05:47:30 AM »

Amen brother!! oh and  loves nothing more than dancing and taking languid baths in the hot springs" haha to say the least! Cheesy
ben_b55
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 09:15:02 AM »

Glad you liked that bit Chris. It just felt like the perfect way to describe him Smiley
Woffles92

There you are...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 03:15:30 PM »

A stupid reason why I like him but I'm going to go with it: I like him because the actor is from Belfast, where I'm currently living.

Yes, that's is my reason. I realise this would have been an awesome opportunity to give some mumbojumbo about his impact on the story and the characters around him but I feel this answer was about the most honest I could have given  Grin

So, how are you holding up? Because, I'M A POTATO.
ben_b55
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:25:50 PM »

Fair enough. Although if you tweet him he may just come and hang out with you anyways. The conversations may be very one sided though, "How long have you lived in Belfast?" "Hodor." ;P
gusgustoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:07:02 AM »

I think that the reason that I really like Hodor is the fact that he brings innocence to an extremely corrupt world. Also, the fact that he can convey so much while using just one word/name. (Granted I listened to a Game of thrones read by Roy Dotrice, who does an amazing job) He's really just a great character and with someone as cool as Kristian Nairn playing himi, we know the character is in good hands.

"I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things." Tyrian Lannister
ben_b55
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 12:26:43 AM »

Very true. Roy Dotrice really did do an excellent job. I partially listened to the audiobook and read it so I could get through it faster. I'm still getting used to how different some of the characters cast sound compared with how he portrayed them.
gusgustoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 03:29:21 AM »

I know. I just barely downloaded A Clash of Kings tonight by him. I just don't have the time to read as much as I like... I work Overnights at an Athletic Club and when I go home I would rather spend time with my three boys (the oldest being four). So I'm pretty worn out and reading always calms me down, which then puts me to sleep. Dotrice does an amazing job on the different voices, I don't have HBO so I what I've heard of the actors are just through clips on BTW or through the "Next Week On..." The show did a great job on casting, almost every character Is just the way I imagined! Can't wait for it to go to DVD or at least iTunes.

"I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things." Tyrian Lannister
Mo_mer

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 06:11:39 PM »

I have read and listened to all the books multiple times.  They are indeed wonderful.

Why do I like Hodor? 
Hodor, hodor hodor hodor.  Hodor?  Ho-dor.   Hodor!

Plus the wonderful interview with Kristian Nairn didn't hurt either.   Who wouldn't love to have a pint with him?
milliniar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 08:05:48 PM »

I like hodor cause he is a innocent kid trapped in a giants body.
georgewow

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »

Hodor is a great comic relief and will figure i bigger i bet with bran's third eye training as the series goes on
CROOK3D

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 07:36:31 PM »

I think that interview with Hodor and Bran is gonna be great.
Can't wait for season 2 a clash of kings. Almost half way through the book now and the ill bet the show won't disappoint.
redwyne
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 04:24:16 AM »

I like Hodor for the same reasons one likes (loves) the Lenny character in the story "Of Mice and Men". Hodor (and Lenny) don't have the capacity to harbor ulterior motives; and whether it it's a hot-spring bath, baby mice, or puppies (!), they simply exist in the moment and all that they do is motivated by childlike fascination, love, and fidelity - like your faithful dog - and what's not to love about that? Along that line of thinking, to kill off the Hodor character (if it should happen in the next book - shudder at the thought!) it would bear the same taboo. 
TyrionsNose

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 05:23:01 AM »

Hodor, why do I love thee?  Let me count the ways....

First of all, anyone who can display a wide range of emotions by merely saying "Hodor!" is a winner in my book.  My name is David, but I couldn't tell you that my pants are on fire by saying, "David!  David!"....but Hodor could!

Second,  it's hard to hate on a simple giant.  You know he could crush heads but he's more interested in running through the hallways and corridors of Winterfell with his mouth hanging open, accidentally smashing poor little Bran's head into low doorways.

Third, he's not ashamed of his nudity.  You would think a guy with a non-normal body would keep it covered.  Not Hodor!  He lets it ALL hang out.  Respect.

Fourth, although I can't prove it yet, I believe that Hodor is a Targaryen and is the rightful heir to the Throne of the Seven Kingdoms.  All hail King Hodor!

Hodor.....Hodor....Ho-dor!!!!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: