Tech Jives Network
August 01, 2014, 04:51:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the TechJives forum!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Episode 10 - Fire and Blood  (Read 1253 times)
ben_b55
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2011, 07:39:04 PM »

Season finale. Nothing new til next Spring. Get to discussing it!  Grin
Mo_mer

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!!!
ben_b55
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 04:35:16 PM »

Even though I knew it was coming the reveal of the dragons was still epic. A shame we have to wait til next Spring for more episodes.
Mo_mer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »

Even though I knew it was coming the reveal of the dragons was still epic. A shame we have to wait til next Spring for more episodes.
The sound track becomes available at the end of June, and then we have the dvd/blu-ray to look forward to.   I am hoping for lots of extras, and maybe  some extended scenes. 

Loved the entire episode and even though I knew what was coming I had goose bumps for most of it.   

So happy to see Shaggy dog!  Rickon is too old.  Where the heck is Summer?   Ghost!   one thing the series lacked was the dire wolves.  I am wondering if anyone who hasn't read the books understands how important, and connected the Stark kids and their dire wolves are.

This is the first time I thought Catelyn was anything but a b^*&h.

I finally figured it out, Jon Snow reminds me of the Geico cavemen, and the boy always has his mouth hanging open! 

Sam and the brothers did a wonderful job.   I need to go back and watch that scene closely.   Did Sam bring Long Claw with him or did Jon?  I know how the book reads but.....

I don't believe the books ever state that the specific reason Robert went to war to retrieve Lyanna from Rhaegar.  I knew it played a part, but didn't realize it was the main reason.   Personally I would have thought getting rid of an insane king would have been reason #1.  Always kind of wondered what the final straw was.

Having a hard time figuring out who was cast better, little Maisie is so wonderful as Arya, but Jack Gleeson is just as amazing as Joff. 

I think the biggest surprise for me was the Hound.  The delivery of a few of his lines caught me way off guard, the gentleness and kindness he showed useless Sansa.    I just happen to be listening to the audio book again, and hit that chapter today.   If you listen carefully Martin very very subtly displays this.   After last night, it jumps right out at you.

Did anyone else pick up in the books that Maester Pycelle is just playing the decrepit old man? 

I was so hoping that they would do justice to the final scene, and they surpassed my expectations.  Ben you are so right it was epic!  The cgi looked incredible, one of the best dragons I have ever scene!!

Sorry if I ramble too much.

ben_b55
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 05:44:16 PM »

Did Sam bring Long Claw with him or did Jon?

Sam did bring Long Claw with him. Pretty sure they kept it like the book where Jon left it when he departed Castle Black. That was my take on it anyways. I agree that Rickon is too old, but then again it seems like they've made all the Stark kids slightly older than they were in the books. It's true, we needed more direwolf, but I'm sure they put in as much footage as was usable. I find that the Hound has been portrayed very closely to what I expected him to be portrayed as.

The worst casting decision in my opinion for the season is Walder Frey. Not that he is a bad actor at all, but I really think they should've either found someone older or made him look older than he does. In the books he is in his late 80s early 90s I believe. Other than that overall I've been very happy with the casting thus far. Can't wait for more Hot Pie and Gendry next season with Arya.
Mo_mer

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 04:29:58 PM »

Thanks you!   Others like the Walder casting, and I didn't  In the book he is 90 years old, bald, and not very spry, well unless it's with his latest wife.  

Shae was the other casting I wasn't too impressed with.   Otherwise, almost perfect.

Amazon now has the Blu-ray version up for pre order.   No delivery date as of yet, but like winter, it's coming!!!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:34:23 PM by Mo_mer » Logged
nlebdp639

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 07:46:58 PM »

Well written, support it
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:46:44 PM by ben_b55 » Logged

TyrionsNose

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »

Although I had lots of problems with the show leaving stuff out, I thought the finale was well done as was episode 9.  But c'mon HBO...if you can't show battles, can't show much of the direwolves, etc....then how the hell are you going to show the battle of blackwater?  More dragon scenes?  More direwolves?  Why is this show on such a tight budget?  It's acclaimed by many and is the reason a lot of people have or are getting HBO.  They need to pump up the budget or this show will suffer greatly in the seasons to come.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: