Tech Barbarians Topic:
“Using Technology and Social Media to further your goals”
About Amy Elk:
Amy Elk is a professional voice actress, and software developer from Atlanta, GA. She has two small children, and a full time job, and still finds time to audition AND produce a podcast, which makes us wonder if she has a TARDIS hidden in her closet. Yes, she is, in fact, a geek as well.
Amy’s Voice Over training includes classes at the Alliance Theatre, instructed by industry veteran, Paul Armbruster, and yourAct studios in Atlanta, GA. Under the expert instruction of Della Cole, a seasoned voice actress with over 30 years experience as both an actress and an agent, Amy grew as an actress and a voice over talent. She continues to sharpen her skills and is constantly working hard to provide the best possible voiceovers in the business. She is now proudly represented by People Store, and works both in local studios and out of her home studio.
Her work can be heard on several different podcasts in the form of bumpers and long form narrations. Check out AppSlappy, Podcastle, and Radio Free Burrito, to hear bumpers and narrations by Amy, as well as Amy’s own podcast, Drawer Full of Dreams, to hear her daily musings on her journey as a Voice Actress, a working mom, and a geek.
Other random, arguably interesting facts about me:
- I have 2 kids, ages 5(boy) and 3(girl).
- By day, I work in software. I’m a .NET and SQL developer for a large point of sale manufacturer, which basically means I write software for cash registers.
- I have been a big geek ever since I saw Star Wars as a kid.
- Before I had kids, I played lots of D&D, and card games like Magic, although I was much better at role playing than strategy…thus now I’m an actor!
- I love Sci-Fi and fantasy.
- I have a somewhat freakish knowledge of The Muppets. I’ve always been a big Muppet fan, and I amaze even my puppeteer friends (oh, yes did I mention that I have puppeteer friends?) with my obscure Muppet trivia knowledge. J
- My husband thinks that I have an unnatural addiction to my iPhone because he sees me playing with it wherever we go. In reality, I’m just checking in on Foursquare, or tweeting.
- When I’m not acting, or playing with my kids, cycling is what feeds my soul. I hop on a bike at the gym and suddenly feel I can do anything.
- My favorite shoes are my blue Converse sneakers.